- great location: close to all busses, grocery stores and city center
- internet connection without any issues (I did remote work)
- well equipped kitchen
- towel and bed linen exchange possible once a week
- super comfortable bed and blackout curtains
- Vìtor (the owner) replies very fast and is available for questions
- it is quite noisy due to the busses and motorbikes on the road in front of the building (better at night of course and it didn't keep me from sleeping) - having a window open was too loud (and sometimes smelly) for me, which might be relevant in summer time.
- the laundry as well as the garbage room weren't as clean as the rest of the building
- in the first floor, people on the street can definitely look into your apartment when the blackout curtains are open; the bathroom has a frosted glass window though
If this place had proper sound isolating windows, some storage space and some small modifications to increase functionality it would be great!
The location was also superb and I'd recommend it to anyone, planning on going back to the same apartment myself!
Just bring your earplugs - it's quite loud when the windows are open, and they have to be open almost all the time, including nights.
Very nice day though and everything you need in a place
- well equipped kitchen
- very clean
- great central location
- property company is very responsive
- great internet connection
- unfortunately it’s noisy (because of the busses outside)
- not enough space to put clothes, shoes and bags (little wardrobe or couple of extra racks would solve this issue).
The flat is nice and new, but a wardrobe would make it more comfortable, because there were no any shelf or cabinet to put your clothes.
However, it was a good place to live one month and work from here. The internet connection is stable and fast enough.
Vítor was nice and he always helped if we had anything.
B. Internet works very well if you are working remotely.
C. The location in Funchal is great: very central and convenient for buses, teleferico, access to seafront.
D. Vitor is an amazing host, helpful, kind, very quick in addressing requests/questions.
E. On the downside of the apartment, it is noisy due to the big street downstairs and there is no space outside (shared balcony, garden) which I found missing when working remotely and being therefore locked in the studio flat for some hours. But being fair, the price is also more reasonable than other places... one cannot have it all.